Sunday, May 31, 2020

A stitchy update in May

Well, if it hasn't been the longest time! I never thought I'd go a whole month without posting, but the truth is that as I'm sure you all know from experience, this month has been stressful. Anxiety and fatigue came out to play, and I've been in no mood to do anything much, including stitching and blogging- it's been enough to get through the work week!

That being said, I do have some progress to show you on Joan Elliott's Medieval Lady:


And I also started this Charming Kitten kit by Dimensions, which I'm enjoying a lot:


So I guess all things considered I did get some stitching done! 

Quarantine is slowly lifting in Spain, but it has been rough on everyone. Still, we've all been lucky among my family and friends, since we are all well. We are currently in Phase 2 in my area, which means we can finally go outside to do sports and meet friends in groups of up to 10 people. The first time we were allowed outside I'm pretty sure the whole town turned out to walk down by the beach. It was a beautiful sunny morning and the police were everywhere, but the sense of happiness throughout the whole town was palpable. We saw some of our friends and students while walking around, and it was wonderful to say hello in person!

How are you all doing? Is the quarantine still very strict where you live? I apologize if I haven't answered or left you comments this month... I haven't been able to concentrate on anything much and it's been difficult to just get through our routine. I do hope you are all doing well and keeping safe wherever you are! Until next time, happy stitching :)


9 comments:

  1. Both your cross stitches are coming along and I love the blue of the cat's eyes.
    Now I've finished making scrubs bags for nurses to take their uniforms home I can may be find some time to get back into my cross stitching as I have a couple of big projects on the go that keep looking at me from my work box.

    Mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice of you to make those bags! I'm sure it's been very hard work but worth it for such a good cause... I hope you get some time now to stitch your own lovely projects as well, and that you're doing well :) thank you for your comment

      Delete
  2. Both of your pieces are lovely. It looks like you did quite a bit of stitching.

    We are in phase one here in Virginia. Still lots of restrictions and lots of businesses not open. Masks became a mandate on the 29th of May.

    Have a good start to June!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying hi Robin! I see that you are one phase behind us, and I know it's difficult... Hang in there while things get back to normal, I hope in the meantime you are able to keep busy with crafts and walks and other nice things. Take care!

      Delete
  3. Your month sounds much like mine, Robin, but I hope June will be nicer for both of us. Your stitching is lovely and I'm sure you feel very lucky to have that as a hobby during this stressful time. We are still locked down here, but can go out for walks, bike rides, and such. Friday, some shops will reopen and the all-important hair salons and barbershops :) My appointment isn't until June 23 because I'm leaving to care for my mom again tomorrow for two or three weeks.

    Enjoy your week--hope it is stitch-filled and happy! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol, I'm glad to hear you can at least go out for much-needed walks and exercise, although I know it's been stressful. I'm so glad your mom is OK and that you are able to look after her, I'm sure she's so happy that you're there! Enjoy your visit and also your salon appointment the 23rd, that is great news too :) take care!

      Delete
  4. It's lovely to see your post and I'm so glad things are opening up there in Spain.(I know your update was a few weeks ago, so I hope everything is even better now!) I had to smile when I saw your wonderful progress on two beautiful stitching projects after you said you weren't in a good mood to stitch much! Everything has been so strange these last months, and time doesn't seem to be moving in the same ways either. We're in the second phase of re-opening here although my family is continuing to mainly stick to home for a bit longer anyway. Take care and I hope you're continuing to find ways to relax and also enjoy your stitching!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Robin. Have faith, I am doing more stitching the end of July and into August. I'm coming out of my funk. It sounds like things are getting better in your part of the world. Wonderful stitching you have going on. Arizona became a hotspot for awhile for covid infection. Most stores in the area require masks now. Because of the higher numbers, our governor required bars and gyms to be closed again, and restaurants had to go back to curbside service. Some restaurants stayed open regardless. Recently I read that our numbers have leveled off and we are no longer a hotspot! We are lucky in that we didn't have to go into quarantine but it still laid me know and I just didn't stitch as usual. Take care, stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Robin...how nice to find your blog tonight. Your stitching is so lovely. Our Covid cases are going down but the college students have started to come back to town and we fear they will go up again. Come by our blog anytime and visit. Enjoy your stitching and stay safe.
    RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete