Sunday, April 5, 2020

Flowers & Hummingbird... And Easter Staycation

Hello world! I have some progress to show you all:



We have a wee little hummingbird! Isn't he the cutest thing?



I'm very excited with how this project is coming along. It's slow going with all that confetti, but seeing it come together is so worth it. I think that of all the pieces I have worked on so far, this is one of the most visually stunning for me, with the pop of colors and the play of shadows. And just look at that clapboard house! Very nice.

It's actually a depressive funny date to post this entry, because today we were supposed to fly over to Belgium, to visit my parents and enjoy our easter holidays out walking in the woods, visiting historical gardens, and of course driving over to Holland for its beautiful tulip season.

Big theatrical sigh. Needles to say, our flight was cancelled and we can't leave the apartment for another three at least. So I've been settling into my epic staycation, which looks like this:

Easter Quarantine Staycation Activities

First off, I've dug into this series of books that has me literally obsessed:


A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas has me tearing through the sequels like there's no tomorrow. It's a complete guilty pleasure, as it's a young adult book with faerie folk and lots of fantasy, but I'm really enjoying it (shh!)

I've also been (gasp!) gaming. My husband got me the incredibly famous gave Stardew Valley and oh, my goodness. The hours I've spent on it! But it's ok because quarantine... right? (at least that's what I keep telling myself).


And of course, I've been thinking about my cross stitching! For my next project I think I'll be working on Sleeping Beauty by Joan Elliott:

Sleeping Beauty by Joan Elliott
She's been one of my favorites for a long time, I actually have her all kitted out in my stash, and I feel like stitching a Joan Elliott piece.

How is everbody doing this week? It's nice to hear that most of you are ok and trying to keep occupied with different things. I've stopped watching the news for the most part and I'm living in my own fantasy world, as you can see. My friends and family and we ourselves are doing ok, so we are feeling extremely lucky, and are trying to keep focused on positive things and doing what we can, which is stay at home. I hope you are all well and safe and happy wherever you are! Until next time... Happy stitching :)

7 comments:

  1. Your Hummingbird piece is looking fabulous, Robin. We are looking forward to the return of the hummingbirds later this month. They are always so entertaining to watch. I am sorry your trip to Belgium was canceled, but I know there will be another time. It looks like you have great plans for your staycation.

    We are doing okay here. I have been keeping busy with the daily chores, walks on our property when it is nice out there, reading and of course, my stitching.

    Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Robin ,your stitching is looking so beautiful love the bright color of those flowers and the cute Hummingbird .
    We have been working in the garden most of the weekend .
    Lots to do and we are keeping very busy .
    Take care hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty progress on your hummingbird piece, Robin! I feel so bad that your vacation plans were stopped due to this nasty virus. So many are having to forego life's milestones and it makes me sad. One of my friend's daughters had to cancel her early May wedding--hopefully, she can reschedule it for the fall.

    Things have settled into a better routine and we are actually able to get some bigger projects taken care of around the house. It feels good to finally be making more productive use of our free time! Take good care--hug the kitties for me ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hummingbird piece is looking gorgeous, Robin! The colors really pop! I'm sorry about your trip, so many plans have been cancelled due to this. It does seem like you have a good routine and a positive attitude about your staycation. I'm glad you've found things you can enjoy. We're doing okay here and grateful that our family and friends are staying healthy. I'm still working at getting a consistent routine, but am enjoying lots of stitching and reading, and getting some things done around the house. Take care and stay well!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello, i have just discovered your blog ! i love what you stitch ! like you i stitch big works. i love your mirabilia too ! i have sitched very few of them.
    If i have understood well, you live in spain ? the situation is so terrible there ! i am in france, we have to stay at home like in a lot of countries. So, i have time for stitch !
    i will come back to visit you !
    take care,
    Marie
    http://lesbroderiesdemarie.over-blog.com
    my mail is marievalenzuela35@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hummingbird stitch is sure looking good and yes, the colors do pop. I'm looking forward to your start on Sleeping Beauty. Keeping it together day by day! Stitching is helping a lot! Take care, Robin:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a shame you didn't get to go on your visit with your parents. I haven't seen my little grandson since January as we were due to meet up for mothering sunday but he was poorly and then of course lock down happened. They video call which is lovely but I think he gets a little confused with a grandma in a little square on the phone. Love your cross stitch projects. I think I may have sleeping beauty in my stash too.

    Stay safe

    Mx

    ReplyDelete