Friday, March 6, 2020

White Clover: Week 2

YOU. GUYS. Look at this beauty!!


I absolutely, completely love this pixie! Look at those popping colors! Look at the swirly curves and all her little details! This is my favorite project in a long time. I have achieved Stitcher's Bliss :)





Speaking of details... If you notice, there's something different about her wings. I didn't use the Kreinik called for, opting instead for a cool green metallic thread that I had lying around, but I really like the effect. You can't see it in the photo, but her wings are very glittery! (Also, note to self: don't stitch with metallic thread under a strong lamp, unless you want to feel like you're staring into a thousand tiny suns. Use natural light instead!).

So, what's new with everyone? We've been down with a flu over here but are now feeling much better, we're settling into our new place and making use of our more central location to take sunny walks everywhere, including the beach! It's lovely. I hope you're all well and keeping busy with all things stitchy!

Happy stitching :)

6 comments:

  1. White Clover is looking beautiful! I like the green metallic thread you're using.It's neat that you're loving this stitch so much, that's a great feeling! Sorry to hear you were sick, but I'm glad you're doing better and enjoying being outside. I'm almost done with my baby sampler (it's a pretty simple pattern, but it's taken me awhile because I didn't like the font that was used for the name,so I had to find another one and re-chart it.) I'm happy with how it's turning out. Hope you're having a great weekend!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, I'm glad to hear you like the metallic thread I used, thank you :D And I'm glad to hear you were able to re-chart and continue on your baby sampler, when you finish it you're going to be so proud! I hope you have a great weekend too :)

      Delete
  2. Robin, White Clover is looking good. Glad to hear you are recovering from the flu and are settling into your new place. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin for your kind comment :) I hope you're having a great week also!

      Delete
  3. Isn't it wonderful to stitch a piece that you totally fall in love with, Robin? White Clover is so gorgeous and I can't wait to watch her grow.

    So sorry about the flu--I had it earlier this year and we are now concerned about the spreading corona virus. We have to fly to Texas tomorrow (almost six hours!) so I am very concerned. Just keep reminding myself to keep my hands away from my face!!

    Take care now--and happy stitching ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear- all the best with your travels Carol! The coronavirus is spreading very quickly here in Spain and it's all anyone can talk about, so I understand your concern. Stay safe!! And thank you for your comment :)

      Delete