Monday, February 24, 2020

White Clover

Alright guys, big stitchy news: I've changed projects. I was very bummed out about having had to leave our old place, and the flowers in the Baby Bluejays project were reminding me too much of our lovely almond tree beside my sunny stitching spot... that, combined with the intricacy of the pattern, were making me quite blue and frustrated. I obviously needed an easy, small design to take my mind off of things.

So, I picked up White Clover by Nora Corbett and I went nuts. Here it is so far:


I love, love, love that crown. It's so swirly and pink!

This pixie is part of Nora Corbett's "Poison Pixies" collection. I didn't understand why it was a poison fairy and I guessed that maybe white clover is poisonous, but as I stitched her I realized that actually, she does look poisonous! I mean, just look at those wings: they're full of sharp angles and changing, mesmerizing colors. If you saw that out in the wild you'd think twice before touching it! I have to say, Nora is very clever with her designs.

Some WIP pictures and my cats napping around:




Thank you everyone for your lovely comments on my last post- they were very encouraging and sweet, and I really appreciated them. And don't worry, I absolutely want to finish that Baby Bluejays piece! I'm just not in the right frame of mind for it right now, but I'll pick it up again :)

I hope you all have a great week, happy stitching :D

8 comments:

  1. White Clover is off to a good start, Robin. Stitching is supposed to be fun and happy, so good for you on changing out your project. There is nothing worse than continuing to stitch on something that isn't bringing you joy. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Robin, I am learning to let go of projects that don't bring any joy, and it's encouraging to hear from people who understand :) I hope you're having a great week!

      Delete
  2. Love your stitching , White Clover is just beautiful .
    Enjoy her and yes have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is big news, Robin! But, better to stitch something that makes you happy and I'm sure White Clover will do just that (along with sitting and stitching next to your sweet kitties!). I do hope you find a lovely place to move to very soon ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol :) Still getting used to it all, but having a project to focus on in my spare time is definitely helping (and so are my kitties!)

      Delete
  4. I definitely agree that you should only stitch projects that you are enjoying and find fun and relaxing; it seems like a great decision to switch to White Clover. You've already made great progress on it too! I hope you're still enjoying beautiful sunny weather and having a good week!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree Mary! I'm learning to just relax and enjoy my stitching :) thank you for your comment, have a great week :D

      Delete