Sunday, February 16, 2020

Baby Bluejays & Spring & LOUD neighbors

We've been enjoying some of the sunniest, warmest days we've had in months. I've been out on the terrace a lot, stitching in the sun, and it's just felt like SPRING! We've had so many days that have simply felt like April or May, that I wanted to celebrate the coming of spring with... Well, a spring-themed project.

I had two contenders: Baby Bluejays by Dimensions


And White Clover by Nora Corbett:


Both had beautiful colors and I want to make them both this year, but in the end I went with Baby Bluejays. I've had the design in my stash for a very long time now, it was one of the first Dimensions designs I ever saw and loved, and I'm just really in the mood for stitching some birds. So here we are!


It's actually the most intricate design I've had to stitch so far, with all the color changes and different stitches, but it's been fun stitching in the sun with my beautiful Sancho by my side: 

Sancho with the olive tree

Also, our small almond tree is blooming!!



Almond blossoms are so dainty yet spectacular. I love seeing these trees covered in white-pink flowers by the side of the road, a real spectacle every February! They remind me of the flowers in the Baby Bluejays design.




I also wanted to add that I'm late posting this entry because I started writing it right before we had to move out of our beautiful apartment. Long story short, we were sandwiched in between two very loud families who moved in some months ago. Due to the bad quality of construction (I would get into the whole Spanish Construction Bubble Which Burst During the Recession Story here but I don't want to bore you) it felt like we were living with four screaming children, four party loving adults, and three early-morning barking dogs in the apartment with us. 

If you want to imagine what it was like, think of your typical Kindergarten during recess. Are you there? Do you hear the children screaming and running and falling over and crying? Ok, good. Next, imagine there's a loud café right beside it of the Mediterranean variety where everybody talks in loud voices and stays up until 2am. Now add in some loud music to the mix with very strong base. And there you have it folks, our lovely home situation.

So after some months of this we decided that if we were to keep our mental sanity and not, you know, go to jail for flinging something at the neighbors, we just had to move. The opportunity came last week and we just took it, so here we are in our temporary apartment in the city while we sell and look for something new. Yay.

ANYWAY... 

How is everybody doing this week? I hope you're doing well and have plenty of crafty things to do! Thank you as always for your comments, I appreciate every single one of them. Until next time, happy stitching :)

9 comments:

  1. I love the Blue Jays stitch it is going to be so pretty .
    Oh I am so sorry about your apartment ,you never know who is going to move in , and I know how it can change your life upside down .
    I hope you find somewhere that you love and are happy there .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you June, I'm glad you like the project :) I see you understand our problem haha, I hope you didn't have to go through anything similar! Thank you for your comment :D

      Delete
  2. I love your Blue Jay piece you picked! You are off to a good start! The almond blossoms are pretty. Sorry about the loud and inconsiderate families; glad you were able to find something temporary! I returned from a stitching retreat yesterday so the first part of this week will be spent catching up! Enjoy your week, Robin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how wonderful Robin, a stitching retreat! I'm sure you had a wonderful time and am so happy to got to go! :D I'd love to go to one sometime, who knows :) Thank you for your comment, as always :) Have a great week

      Delete
  3. What a pretty spring piece you've chosen for your next project! You've made a wonderful start on it as well. I'm sorry to hear about the inconsiderate neighbors, that's a difficult situation. It's good you found a temporary place, good luck with selling and finding something permanent that you love. I'm still working on the baby sampler and also another small seasonal piece that I found that I just had to stitch! Hope you have a great week!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, thanks for your comment! I'm glad you like the project :D And I'm happy to hear you picked up a seasonal piece, aren't they the cutest? I'm sure it and the sampler will look amazing! I hope you're having a great week :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely new start for you, Robin--perfect for spring, too! And how nice that the almond trees are blooming. We are a long way from spring here so I'm happy to see your photos of blossoms and blue skies.

    Ugh--that would be an impossible situation with your inconsiderate loud neighbors. I hope you find a quite oasis very soon--I know it must have been a hard decision for you and your husband. Is Sancho adjusting okay to the apartment?

    Hope your week ahead is a lovely one! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, I'm glad you like the project :D Thank you for your kind words and for asking after Sancho, he and his brother had a rough start but now they seem to be happy enough here, so I'm happy too :) I hope you have a good week too, hopefully you'll get some sunshine soon! Thank you for your comment xx

      Delete
  5. Sanchi, love his name! Sorry you had to move and that you can find something peaceful. Great stitching!

    ReplyDelete