Friday, January 3, 2020

Losing the stitching bug and coming back up

I'm baaack! How is everyone? Before I say anything else, thank you so much for your comments on my last entry- I appreciate every single one of them and they put a smile on my face every time :) I'm sorry I didn't answer, I've been MIA in all things cross stitch!

I had some personal things come up that made me completely lose the stitching bug these last couple of weeks, but thankfully it's all sorted now and I am back to working on this piece, and here is the progress so far:


We have a wolf! With an adorable little face, just look at him:



That's a happy puppy :) And there's backstitching all over the project now, so I'm all caught up!

I have also made my very first handmade needle minder:


What do you think? This was originally a pin, which I love because it reminds me of they way my cats sleep all cuddled up together. I used an old pair of pliers to take the sharp bit of the pin off, filed away what remained, and glued on some magnets. I have to say, I like the result, and will probably be making more!


Here it is in action while I stitched in the sunny terrace one morning:


We've been enjoying our winter break these past two weeks and it's been wonderful- we did some hikes, caught up on movies and books, and had more staycation days than should be legal. There's been a lot of homemade pizza going around and of course, time spent with friends. 

How has everyone been? I hope you're all doing great and have plenty of projects to keep you busy! Until next time, happy stitching :) 

9 comments:

  1. Nice progress on Guardian Spirit! I hope your stitching mojo has recovered. Yes, I have plenty to stitch! Nice work on the needleminder too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guardian Spirit is coming along beautifully, Robin. Well done on making your needle minder! So cute and I know will you enjoy using it. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made wonderful progress on Guardian Spirit. I agree, that wolf is adorable, and all the backstitching really adds to the piece. Very cute needleminder, too! Happy New year!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see you back, Robin, and I hope 2020 is filled with only happy things that make you want to stitch even more. Love watching Guardian Spirit grow--what a stunning piece! Happy New Year to you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I really like this post, your blog is great! <33
    I follow you and invite you to myself
    https://milentry-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete