Sunday, October 13, 2019

Whiskers & Wings: Finished!

You guys. I have finished it!!


Isn't it lovely? Isn't it the cutest, sweetest little stitch you ever did see? (Overexcited crafter over here!) That being said, this one took sweat, tears, and absolute grit to finish. Much as I enjoyed this piece, this last week was gruelling, because just look at all that gray! There is so much of it. But I pulled through it and here we are, two months and a week later, finished. So satisfying!

Of course, part of finishing a project is washing & ironing it, which is precisely what happened on this lazy Sunday of mine:





And now all I have to do is frame it! I can't wait. I'm thinking of a wooden frame, to make it look cozy. It certainly fits the design. But we'll see what I can find. 

Now I'm off to start on my new project, which I will write about next time. Until then, I'll leave you with some closeups of this lovely project which some of you have lived through with me, and bid it a sweet farewell until framing time: 

French knots for the eye shine

French knots for the seeds
The cardinal in all his back-stitched glory

And finally, since we're on the subject of cats... Here are a couple of shots from my own fur babies having a cuddly nap together:



I hope you're all having a great time this weekend, until next time, happy stitching! :)

4 comments:

  1. YAY!! Congratulations, Robin, on an absolutely darling finish! I'm so happy for you--and admire you for pushing through all that gray and all those French knots (French knots and I do not play well together :) I love the birds and the look on the kitty's face.

    Your own kitties are so sweet--I do miss having one in the house, but now that we are older and traveling more, I doubt we'll be getting a pet any time soon. Can't wait to see what you start next :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Carol! What a nice comment :) I'm glad you like the finished piece and my fur babies. I do understand why you'd hesitate getting pets if you're travelling more, personally I worry about them any time I'm away for even a day! I'm sure you'd make a great cat owner if you ever get the chance again :) have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Robin, congratulations to you on your finish! It is simply incredible -- love the birds, love the cat watching the birds, and the sheer beauty of snow. Your kitties are adorable. Love their coloring! I look forward to seeing what your new start will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Robin! I'm so happy to hear that you liked seeing all the little details, and the picture of my kitties too! I hope you're doing well and that you have a great week :D

      Delete