Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Whiskers and Wings: Week 8

Well will you look at that, it's nearly finished!


I can't believe we've come this far! It seems like only a couple of weeks ago that I made the first stitch up in the top left corner, and now here we are. All three birds are at the bottom: chikadee, sparrow, and cardinal. I'm extremely pleased with how it's turning out, and hope to have it finished up by the end of this week. 

As this project ends, I have of course been thinking about my next one. I'll make a separate post all about it, as I've been racking my brains out about colors, fabric etc. But for now I'll leave you with some pictures of the stitching in my current WIP, which I'm particularly happy with. Almost a year and a half after having started cross stitching, I can see the progress I've made when it comes to even stitching and having a clean back:



As for the back, I remember that my first couple of projects were a knotted mess. I'm not saying my stitching is perfect now by any means, but I have come a long way:



I have been actively trying to get better at backs, and have carefully studied the backs of projects that people have put up in places like Reddit, where they explained that what they do is think of the back the whole time that they're stitching. Over the last few months that's what I've been doing, carefully choosing where to go down or up with the needle so that the back would be as neat as possible, and it's nice to see my efforts have paid off. It's nice to feel proud of something even if it's a "little" thing, don't you think?

How is everyone doing? I hope you're all well and have plenty of projects to keep you busy. I'll post about my next project this week if I can, and if not, I'll hopefully see you with a finished project at the end of the week! Until then, happy stitching :)

4 comments:

  1. I think you should be very proud of this piece its come up lovely. Can't wait to see what your next project is going to be. I have far too many projects on the go and really need to concentrate on one thing at the moment. I am already making my list of projects to work on in the New Year as it will take me that long to whittle down the projects I already have in progress.

    Mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! :) I admire those of you that can have different projects going at once, I personally can only really focus on one or I will get very stressed, but I do hope you can make an executive decision about which projects to work on soon :)

      Delete
  2. Robin, your stitch is looking fabulous. It won't be much longer before you are finished. I look forward to hearing about your next project. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you as always Robin! I hope you're having a good week :D

      Delete