Monday, October 21, 2019

Ivy: Week 1... And the kitten is framed!

It's been a whole week with this little lady and here is how she's looking so far:


I just love her! She's stitched up very quickly so far, but I think the skirt is going to take a lot longer.  But that's ok, because the main reason I love this design is actually the gorgeous drop and sweep of that skirt: it just looks heavy, and I love heavy skirts. Is that a weird thing to love?

I was also able to find a frame for Whiskers & Wings, and here it is all framed and ready to be hung up:


I wanted a wooden frame, because in my imagination the kitten lives in a wooden cottage. And I wanted it to look old-ish, so I got this distressed wood frame. I'm very happy with the result! I'm going to hang it up next to my craft cabinet, and at some stage I'd like to stitch up Morning Lake by Dimensions as a sort of companion piece, because I do feel like that's where the kitten lives:


Fall is well and truly here now: the temperatures have dropped (although I suppose that means nothing to all of you living further north than I am... It is still around 20ºC in the sun!), and there'll be snow up in the mountains soon. My favorite fall recipes have also appeared on the table: carrot soup, bacon-fried rice, salmon casserole... yum!

I hope everyone's having a good week, and until next time... Happy stitching! :)

4 comments:

  1. Robin, you have a made good progress with Ivy. I love the frame you picked out for Whiskers and Wings. It looks perfect for you vision. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the frame Robin, I was very happy to find it! I'm hoping to hang it up today, it's been busy this week so far and I haven't had a chance. Have a great rest of the week :)

      Delete
  2. What a perfect frame for your birds and kitty, Robin--I like the rustic look of it. Hope you do get to stitch Morning Lake some day. I don't think I would have the patience for a full-coverage piece, but it will be lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the frame Carol! :D It's nice to hear others' opinion. I find I have the patience for full-coverage pieces when they're small, and lately I'm just falling in love with Dimensions kits, so I want to challenge myself to finish them lol.

      Delete