Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Whiskers and Wings: Week 6

I'm extremely proud to present a fully stitched and backstitched kitten at the window:


Isn't he just something else? I love the part the project is at now, with the window and kitten fully finished, and the play of shadow and light on the snow. I find that there is a lot of depth and feeling in this project, and I'm really surprised at how much I'm enjoying it! Also -and this is just a detail- but don't you just love that bit of ice sticking to the window on the bottom right corner, through which you can see a bit more of the kitten? I think details like these are what make certain pieces pop!

I was very tired today as I stitched this, so I curled up on the sofa and put on a nice cozy movie: Safe Haven. Nothing special, but I do tend to gravitate to small-town-by-the-sea stories when I'm tired or just in need of some comfort entertainment. The weather's been pretty bad too, with the worst rainfall this part of Spain has seen in... well, ever, so it's been nice to have some time at home to curl up with some stitching.

I hope you're all doing well, here's a closeup of the kitten's face as he looks at the chickadees, and as always... Happy stitching :)


6 comments:

  1. Fabulous progress on Whiskers & Wings, Robin! The backstitching really brings the cat to life on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin! And I agree with you about the backstitching :) I hope you're having a good week!

      Delete
  2. Lots of good progress made and it is very cute.

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww... this is looking adorable, Robin--amazing how the backstitching makes everything pop! I can't wait to see you stitch the birds (I love birds!) and those pictured in the piece are all ones we get at our bird feeder outside my kitchen window.

    Hope your rain stops soon (we are in desperate need as it's hardly rained at all in almost three weeks!). Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely that you get to see these birds often, Carol! I don't think we get chickadees here, and as for the cardinal, I've never seen one in real life. If you ever do get pictures of your birds, do post them, I'd love to see them :)

      I hope you're hazing a good weekend and that you get some much-needed rain soon!

      Delete