Sunday, September 8, 2019

Whiskers and Wings: Week 5

Well, if these haven't been the busiest couple of weeks, I don't know what! September has rolled around and we have been busy, busy, busy with back-to-school. It's all been lesson planning in this house and training and meeting our new students, and this weekend we've just both collapsed and spent a nice staycation at home, watching movies, lazing around the place with the cats, and taking walks. It's been fun! It's also given me a chance to finally catch up with my cross-stitching, and here is where Whiskers and Wings is at so far:


Cute, right? Just look at those two chickadees! I'm nearly done with the snow around them and then I'll backstitch them, they're really going to pop out and I can't wait. As usual with my projects, this one's taking way longer than anticipated and is looking far more beautiful than I could have imagined. There's a lot of depth to it, although I'm not sure if it comes out in the picture. The colors are quite rich in real life!

Also in cross stitching news, I don't know if you've seen this lacing tutorial by Meg at Live to Stitch, but wow! It's amazing. She goes into so much detail on it, I think it's the best tutorial I've seen on the subject and I am definitely going to use it next time I frame a project.  

I hope you're all doing all right, I'll leave you with some WIP pictures, and as always happy stitching :D




4 comments:

  1. Robin, you have made amazing progress on this stitch. Even with the return to school thrown in! I just want to reach out and scratch his/her ears. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin, I'm glad to hear you like it! :) The kitty is definitely crying out for some scritches... He's adorable (in my mind it's a "he", because I've only ever had male cats!). I hope you're having a great week :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like your return to teaching has left limited time for stitching, Robin, but you've managed to grow Whiskers and Wings very nicely :) I so love chickadees--definitely one of my favorite bird species and they often visit our feeders right outside the kitchen window :) And yes, Meg's lacing tutorial was just perfect!

    Best of luck with your school year. My youngest sister also teaches English in the city of Boston. This is her final year before she retires--very bittersweet for her :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, it must be amazing to get such a close-up view of chickadees Carol! We used to have birdfeeders before we got our cat in Belgium, but unfortunately the birds stopped coming after Luno was around... I can't say I blame them!

      And how great to hear you have a teacher in your family as well! I bet it will be very emotional for your sister leaving school: bittersweet indeed! But I'm sure she has a lot of memories to cherish, and those will keep her smiling when she thinks back on it:)

      Delete