Monday, August 26, 2019

Whiskers & Wings: Week 3

He's here! Our little kitten is stitched, backstitched, and looking out the window:


Cute, right? I still have to add his body of course, and a couple of french knots to bring a shine to his eyes, but I think he's looking adorable so far. Next week is going to be all about stitching more snow, and hopefully a couple of birds. We'll see how we get on. 

We've been so busy this last week again that I haven't had time to look for a frame for the beautiful Mermaid Azure, but I'm hoping to get something soon, because I want to hang her up and see her every day!

Finally, I never thought that I'd share anything other than cross stitching on this blog, but after looking at other crafting blogs and talking to a couple of you, I've realized that I enjoy getting to know a little bit more about the crafter behind the blog. So today I'm sharing a couple of pictures of the area where I live, so you can get an idea of what it looks like around here:






As you can see, it's quite... well, Mediterranean. Blue sea, white-washed villages, pita trees, aloe veras, dry hills. My Irish father-in-law calls it a moonscape (I still find that hilarious) but to me it's home! So I wanted to share it here with you.

I hope you're all having a good week, and as always, happy stitching!

2 comments:

  1. What fabulous progress you have made on Whiskers & Wings! I want to reach out and give him a scratch. Your pictures of home are gorgeous! What stunning scenery and views! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me smile Robin! The kitten is very life-like isn't he? I'm glad you like him :) And happy to hear you enjoyed the local photos :D

      Delete