Friday, July 12, 2019

Andromeda: Week 7

It's been a while since I've posted Andromeda on here, so I thought I'd share a picture of how she's doing:


It's certainly slow going, but that's ok. As always, I blame the linen and my poor eyesight. I'm very happy though because she's turning out so beautiful! I love the play of colors on the skin, it's very life-like, far more than in the picture. 

It's been very hot here and we've been trying to cool off as best we can, which means some beach time! The sea still isn't very warm, but just the sound and smell of it, and that Mediterranean blue is enough to cheer anyone up :)

4 comments:

  1. Lovely progress on Andromeda, Robin! What book were you reading at the beach? Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin, I'm glad you asked actually! It's "Summers at Castle Auburn" by Sharon Shinn, and it's been one of my favorite books since I read it as a teenager, a real comfort read, I can't recommend it enough :) Hope you're having a good day!

      Delete
  2. Andromeda is really growing into a beauty! No hurry on her, Robin--it's the journey that counts :) I'm sure it must be lovely living so close to the sea! We are about 8 hours drive away so we rarely go... Enjoy your last bit of the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol :) I'm trying to not hurry and enjoy the process with her, as you say, it's a lot better like that. Living next to the sea is super important for me, as I've been beside it most of my life, and missed it whenever I was living somewhere else :)

      Delete