Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Andromeda

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who left a comment on my last entry: it was so encouraging, and I really appreciated it! So thank you.

I thought it was around time that I showed you how Andromeda is doing, so here she is:


What jumps out at me is that she has a face! I mean, how awesome is that? Woop!! I also love, love, love the gradient in her skin. The way that Nora Corbett has designed those subtle color gradients, the play of shadow and light, is absolutely exquisite. I'm mesmerized. 

The only thing that's putting a dampener on my enjoyment of this piece (apart from the linen!!) is that somehow, I've made a mistake on the hand. The count is all wrong, and I'm missing like two squares of space all around the area, all the way down that section... I'm sure I can mask it easily, but right now I just don't understand what the problem is so it's a bit frustrating.

Anyways, more updates to come, happy stitching everyone and thanks for checking in :)

4 comments:

  1. Andromeda is looking so beautiful, Robin! I hope you can sort out the mistake in her hand area (although I can't see anything wrong as I look at it!).

    Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol! It's a relief that you can't see the mistake, lemme tell you! :D

      Delete
  2. Andromeda is looking quite lovely. I don't see a mistake, so hoping you can adjust the area without issue. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin! Very relieved to hear that you can't see a mistake, I know I'm probably the only one who can see it but it's still nice to hear :)

      Delete