Friday, June 7, 2019

Wreath of All Seasons, and a diagnosis

Stitching this pattern is bringing me such joy! It's simple enough to be enjoyable, but varied enough to keep it interesting. Here's my progress so far:


It's coming out so much better than anticipated. I hadn't really known if I'd enjoy stitching this one, but my, what a pleasure. It's like I'm exploring and discovering a little world of leaves, flowers and dragonflies stitch by stitch. A little gem.

I know I don't post anything personal on here, but in this case I think it's too important to dismiss. You see, last Wednesday we finally got to the bottom of the condition that's been limiting so many aspects of my life for the last six years, and it's such a relief to know its name: fibromyalgia. I have found an amazingly kind, compassionate doctor, and a very supportive association one town over from where I live, so for the first time in years, I feel like there's light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm optimistic everything will work out.

I hope everyone's been having some good stitching this week! Until next time, happy stitching :)

4 comments:

  1. So glad you got a diagnosis Robin. Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made good progress on your wreath piece. I am glad you have a diagnosis for what you have been dealing with health-wise. Best wishes to you in the coming days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you as always Robin for your lovely comment, very encouraging on both counts :)

      Delete
  3. That is so good to get a diagnosis and I do hope that time will let you get some relief. Half of the problem of any illness is just getting it diagnoses properly so you are half-way there, Robin! Lovely stitching--so happy to have found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete