Sunday, June 16, 2019

Andromeda: Week 4

Andromeda's really coming along now! I seem to have fallen into pace with her and we are making excellent progress:


I didn't fix her hand because I just didn't have the heart to frog it and redo it again, so I made it up as I went along and I think it has come out quite well. You might not be able to see it in the picture very clearly, but the width of her palm is a lot narrower than in the pattern. I mean... so she's clasping her robe more tightly than she's supposed to. Big deal, right? That's what I'm telling myself :)

So after that hurdle, I just stitched away at her robe and here we are. I really do think that both Joan Elliott and Mirabilia/Nora Corbett are excellent designers, because they really know what they're doing. I feel like they understand cross stitch, and I totally get in "the zone" when stitching their patterns. It also helps to have documentaries and shows running in the background, of course! Andromeda's robe here will forever remind me of the Tudors and Jane Austen, two documentaries I was watching while I stitched.

I'll leave you some WIP pictures and my two constant companions and fur babies, Quijote and Sancho:





Until next time, thank you as always for your comments, they bring a smile to my face every time I see them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment