Monday, June 17, 2019

Wreath of All Seasons: Week 2.5

It's high time I talked about Wreath of All Seasons, so here we are: 


As you can see, a lot has changed. I've finished the hydrangea, yay! And another dragonfly has appeared at the top. And most notably, I have gridded the fabric! Gasp! 


I have never ever ever gridded fabric before, because I was always scared that the ink might not go away, that I'd mess it up, etc. But I quickly realized that this project is deceptively big and complex, and that I was never going to finish it unless I got some help from modern cross stitching tools. So, I took a big breath and went for it. And I'm so glad! I'm having so much fun just jumping around the project now, stitching wherever takes my fancy. 

This has also become my "outdoor project", because white aida is just so easy to stitch on that I don't need an extra light, and the weather is just so beautiful here in southern Spain. So this is my new favorite stitching spot:

My stitching chair

The view

So that's where the stitching magic happens! It's a wonderful spot and I'm so happy to be able to chill there and stitch while listening to the birds. A really special project, being worked in a very special place.

2 comments:

  1. Nice progress on your wreath! What an incredible view you have as you sit and stitch! I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin! I am in love with the view and feel so lucky to be able to enjoy it! You too have a great week xx

      Delete