Saturday, March 21, 2020

White Clover: Finished!

I have a finish for you guys!! Here she is!! White Clover!!


I mean... Isn't she beautiful?? I love the colors on her, all those cool greens mixed with lilacs and pinks. Every time I look at her I can't get over how gorgeous she is! I'd like to take her to a professional framer when this quarantine is over and find her the largest, most delicious guilty-pleasure-so-sue-me-Barbie-pink frame to make her colors pop even more!

As usual I used my own beads, I think the pink ones may be a bit larger than called for and a bit more pink than the dress itself... Buuuut I love pink so I ain't even sorry. Here are some close up pictures:











I can't get enough of this project!

How is everyone doing today? I hope you're all keeping busy and safe! I've decided to limit my news consumption because it's been making me feel so anxious and sad. I used to think that limiting the news would be like burying my head in the sand, but I've come to the conclusion that if I'm going to be holed up at home for goodness knows how many weeks, I have to take care of my mental health. So I'm now watching/reading the news once a day, and the rest of the time I'm either working, doing housework, stitching, or keeping in touch with friends and family. I have to say, my mood and anxiety levels are so much better... And that's not nothing.

I hope you guys are doing OK wherever you are, until next time... Happy stitching :)

10 comments:

  1. She looks so beautiful , well done I love her .
    The color is wonderful.
    Are you going to stitch another one ?
    Have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm so glad you like her! :) I'm already stitching up my next project yes, a SAL with my mom, I'll write all about it soon :D have a great weekend xx

      Delete
  2. White Clover is gorgeous, Robin! Congratulations on your finish! Beautiful colors that you stitched! What's next?

    Keeping busy here around the homestead with chores, reading and stitching! We only watch the local news and mainly to catch the weather. While I believe the seriousness of this pandemic, it isn't good to keep hearing it 24/7 for one's sanity and peace of mind.

    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin! I'm really glad you like her :) I've already started on a new project, a SAL with my mom, which I'll write all about on my next entry... Very happy about this project!

      I'm glad you're keeping busy with the house and things you like, it's important for mental health, definitely. I hope you've had a good weekend, stay safe xx

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your lovely, lovely finish, Robin! It's so good to be stitching with happy colors these days!

    Like you, I'm limiting my news (or trying my best!) to a half hour in the morning and a half hour at night. I can't watch anything on the virus pandemic right before I go to bed or I can't sleep! Just staying at home with my stitching, reading, and baking. Unfortunately, I do seem to be struggling with concentration on my stitching--hope that goes away with time.

    Take care now--hug your kitties for me ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol! :) Happy to hear you like her. Well done for limiting the news... It really is necessary right now I think. I hope you get your stitching mojo back! Watching flosstube helps me when I'm feeling unmotivated. But don't force it either- reading and baking are good alternatives! I hope you're safe & happy whatever you're doing :) xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Robin, Congratulations on your beautiful finish! White Clover is gorgeous! A SAL with your Mom sounds like a lot of fun; I look forward to hearing about it!
    That sounds like a smart idea to limit news consumption, I've realized I need to as well. It's just too upsetting and overwhelming to keep track of all the updates. Stay safe and well and enjoy your stitching!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary! I'm so glad you like her :) I'm very excited to star this SAL yes, it's my first one too. I hope you feel better after watching the news less... As you say, it's very overwhelming. I hope you have a great start to the week!

      Delete
  5. She is beautiful, I have never seen her done before and often think they look much lovelier than the cover photo when you do get to see the close up details. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay, thanks for stopping by and saying hello :) I'm glad you like her and yes I agree, they always look so much better in person than in the tiny cover photo of the pattern :D

      Delete