Monday, December 9, 2019

Guardian Spirit: Week 3

Well, good evening everyone! How are you all doing? I wanted to show you my progress on Guardian Spirit this week, because lo and behold, we have a face!


I know, right?! She's looking amazing,if I do say so myself. I'm loving the gloss in her hair, earring, lips and cheeks, it's so lifelike. Speaking of which, there's also a whole complete feather, and an earring! I can't wait to backstitch them to give them extra pop.

Stitching the face was... interesting, to say the least. I was so close to the project that I couldn't see the whole picture and I kept thinking it was going to be a disaster. And there were times when she looked, well... absolutely terrifying:


I showed the above picture to my husband as he was passing by one afternoon and his eyebrows shot all the way to his hairline. Thankfully, however, she turned into this beauty:


So I am very pleased!

Today is a holiday here in Spain, so we made the best of it and drove over to the national park nearby to go on a hike. We chose a trail that goes along the mountainside, with the sparkling blue Mediterranean sea just to your right. 


The trail finishes off in a small cove that's perfect to sit in and have a picnic. We even got to feed some curious sparrows that wanted to share our meal. The weather was beautiful, a real spring day in the middle of winter. All in all a great day. Picture time:





How is your week going so far? I hope you're enjoying it and have some crafty project or other between your hands! Until next time, happy stitching :)

6 comments:

  1. Guardian Spirit is looking incredible, Robin! Your outing to the national park sounded fabulous. Thank you for sharing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin! And I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures, it was such a beautiful day I couldn't not share! :)

      Delete
  2. You've made wonderful progress on this beautiful piece, Robin! It is so intricate and detailed. Your warm looking photos were just what I needed on this cold, cold day! So glad you enjoyed a little getaway :) And thank you for your sweet comment on my blog--really appreciate each one ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol! It was a great little outing, and the warm weather just made it seem like spring. A big thank you right back at you for your comments, I appreciate every one :D

      Delete
  3. Guardian Spirit is looking amazing! You've made a lot of progress and it's so neat to see some of the beautiful details, like the feather. The scenery on your hike looks gorgeous! Hope you're having a good week and finding a lot of time to stitch.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary! I'm really enjoying the details on this piece because it's so entertaining... And as for the scenery, here's a little extra nugget of information: those yellow flowers in the last picture are a rare sight, and it's only because of the recent rains that we got to see them. A real privilege! I hope you're having a good week :D

      Delete