Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Mermaid Azure: Finished!

She's here! She's finished! She's got beads, she's washed and ironed and absolutely perfect:



I'm in love! The beads really make a difference. She's all a-glitter and just so princess-y. Yes, I have forgotten the correct use of the English language, that's how excited I am!

Since I used the beads that I had lying around the place, I'm sure the finished product looks quite different from the original, but I'm very pleased. I didn't have any treassures, so I went ahead and took some artistic license with bead placing and even colors. For example, I liked the idea of the dark blue beads trailing right off her hands, so I added those in and made them fall deeper than the pattern called for. And I really like the effect:



I also love the tail, so glittery and gorgeous! When I started beading, I really hadn't anticipated how well it would look in the end:




Oh and have I mentioned her haidress? It's so intricate! I mean, wow:


And that's it for now! The next time you see this beautiful girl, she'll be framed and ready to be hung up.


Happy stitching everyone! :)

6 comments:

  1. Robin, congratulations on your mermaid finish! She is positively STUNNING. I love the fabric you created for her and the blue beads you used. I look forward to seeing her framed and on the wall. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Robin!! :D It's so nice to hear you like it, I admit it came out nicer than I anticipated and it's great to share it on here with you guys :) hope you're having a great day!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful!
    Love it on that fabric.
    Congrats on your finish.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you finished her (I was away and am way behind on blog reading!)... What a stunning finish, Robin--beautifully stitched and beaded. I am not a beader and so I truly admire those of you who have the patience for it. Congratulations on an amazing piece :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol!! :) It makes me happy to hear you guys like it. It's funny, I have the patience for beading, but for example not for knitting or sewing. I suppose we each have our own strengths and weaknesses, which makes it all the more fun to see other people's projects. I hope you're having a good day :D

      Delete