Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Mermaid Azure: Week 3

Dear world, I have finished the main body of Marina (that's the name I've given her, she couldn't be anonymous anymore!):


I love the look of that tail- very realistic in my opinion!

It's been fun working on the tail this week, especially because we're visiting my parents in a whole other country that couldn't be more different from southern Spain: it is green, cool, and full of lakes and forests and castles: Belgium! So I've been enjoying a mild northern European summer for a few days, and stitching in the garden:


Wonderful stuff. This week I hope to finish up all the details and add the beads, so hopefully next time I post on here, I will have a finished product :)

Happy stitching everyone, here's a shot that took my fancy: a mermaid on the grass :)



And just a few sweet pictures of our day out kayaking, which I think capture the spirit of the place:

Curious ducks

Castle on a cliff

4 comments:

  1. You are making fabulous progress on your mermaid, Robin. I really like how she looks on your fabric. What beautiful scenery you shared from your parents' home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors in your mermaid are perfect on that pretty fabric, Robin! How nice to be in Belgium for a visit with your parents. We just returned from Europe (Danube river cruise) and it was hot, hot, hot! Enjoy your visit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol! :) A Danube river cruise sounds incredible, I hope you enjoyed it in spite of the heat :)

      Delete