Saturday, June 29, 2019

Thread, Beads, and Dyes: Oh My!

You guys. My mother has been visiting us this last week, so it's been very busy and we've been doing all the things, and I've hardly had any time to stitch at all, but just look at what she brought me!



In case it's not clear, you are looking at a truckload of thread and beads of all colors, shapes and sizes. I know right?!




Apparently, she found all this on several trips to a dollar-store equivalent that opened up in her town, and she figured that since I've been cross stitching so much lately I could use these extra goodies, so each time she went she got me something different. I mean... Wow! Mothers are the best, aren't they?






I'm spoiled rotten. End of story.

And then, as if this massive haul wasn't enough, I went and did it! I spent a morning walking through town and I managed to find the clothes dye that Spanish FlossTube is raving about! I was so excited to see them all stacked together that I took a picture:


And then proceeded to buy the shades that I thought would be most useful. I'm super excited to try them out! I got these five to start, because I thought they were a good solid option:


And then another day I found these other dyes, which seem to be another Spanish brand I didn't know about, La Nave: 


The price was more than reasonable, so I went ahead and got some more colors, which I thought would compliment the ones I already had. 

And then, of course, I had to get some Aida cloth to start experimenting on!


I got white and cream, but I'll probably experiment only on the white Aida. The cream one I got just because it's so pretty!

I can't wait to start trying these dyes out! I'm seriously excited and have tons of ideas running around in my head. You'll probably see quite a few fabric-dyeing posts here. Brace yourselves.

So yeah, not a lot of stitching happening this week, but there has been a serious supply-mania going on! Between my mom and I, we've brought in the biggest haul EVER. But that's part of the fun, so I'm not complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment