Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Stacked Teacups: Starting

There are few things as exciting as starting a new project, and today after more than three months I was able to do just that! If you follow my blog, you'll realize that I'm a serious project monogamist: I can't have more than one WIP lying around at a time, or I will break into a cold sweat thinking of all the work left to be done. So I throw myself heart and soul into whichever project I'm stitching at the moment, and and get a lot of satisfaction from seeing it grow. 

So here is what was happening this morning in my messy crafting room: 



A lot of measuring, taping of fabric borders, and reading the instructions of how to follow a kit (yes, this is my first kit ever. I love the convenience of it, let me tell you!). Eventually, I was able to tuck everything neatly into my work tin box:


And I went ahead and took myself out to the terrace to stitch in the sun. There was definitely a learning curve when sorting the thread, making sure it didn't tangle, getting it out of the organizer, etc. But it was all fun.


I was soon stitching away and having a blast. I should also mention that this is my first time using 18 count Aida, so the stitches were definitely fuller. It's good because it makes the job easier, I just hope it doesn't make me lazy!



And that's it for now. See you on our one week report!

No comments:

Post a Comment