Monday, May 20, 2019

Stacked Teacups: Week 3

 It's already been three weeks and here is how it's looking:


The background and backstitching are about halfway done, so I reckon in another week or so I'll have finished it. 

And now I have a confession to make... a couple of days ago I got so, so frustrated with this project, I wanted to hurl it down the balcony. To put in in Marie Kondo terms, it was sparking no joy. Zero! I don't know what it was... Maybe the monotony of the background? The drag of backstitching? I'm not sure, but in order to save the project (and my sanity) I made an executive decision: I would start on Andromeda. 

I know, I'm a project monogamist, I only work on one project at a time, I've never had more that one WIP going, I know! It was very hard for me to get over myself, let me tell you. But if I had to work on one more stitch of that background, so help me, I'd get out my scissors and rip it to shreds all the while screaming like a crazy woman. I mean, I've never done anything like that before, but I really felt like I was this close.

So I started on Andromeda, but that's another story for another blog post. What I want to highlight here is that this morning I went back to this project with a fresh mindset and actually feeling happy to see its face. So I guess there's something to be said for having a couple of WIPs going at once!

Anyway, here are some progress pictures:




4 comments:

  1. I used to be a monogamist as well but once I started a rotation, I was a happier stitcher. I do not get bored with projects any more and if I get frustrated with a project, I put it in time out and work on something else.lol Those tea cups are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful to hear, thank you for sharing your experience!

      Delete
  2. This is so lovely! What a treasure! Thanks for sharing! Have a great week!
    http://travelingbugwiththreeboys-kelleyn.blogspot.com/2019/05/dollywood.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to love it when it is finished though. It is adorable!

    ReplyDelete